Professional Psychotherapy &
Sven Schild, PhD
PRESENTATIONS & TEACHING EXPERIENCES
Below is a brief summary of some of Dr. Schild's presentations and teaching experiences.
- Trauma Exposure and Traumatic Symptoms among People who are Deaf. Presentation given to the Hearing Loss Association of America - San Diego Chapter, San Diego, CA. (February 2012).
- Stress Management. Presentation given to the Hearing Loss Association of America - San Diego Chapter, San Diego, CA. (February 2012).
- Trauma Symptoms in Deaf Adults. Presentation given at Student Health & Counseling Services, CSUSM, San Marcos, CA. (November 2007)
- Working with Clients who are Deaf: Clinical and Cultural Considerations. Presentation given at Student Health & Counseling Services, CSUSM, San Marcos, CA. (May 2006)
- The Deaf Person and the Inpatient Setting. Presentation given at Bayview Behavioral Health Campus, Chula Vista, CA. (December 2004)
- Deafness: Basic Information for Health Care Professionals. Presentation given at Alliant International University, San Diego, CA. (April 2004)
- California School of Professional Psychology at AIU, Introduction to Psychotherapy, Teaching Assistant. (September – December 2003)
- Racial and Sexual Identity Development and Attitudes Toward HIV/AIDS. Poster presented at the 111th Annual American Psychological Association, Toronto, Canada. (August 2003)
- University of Central Missouri, Educational Enrichment, Course Instructor. (August – December 2001)
- Figurative Language Processing in Deaf People. Poster presented at the 20th Annual Great Plains Students’ Psychology Convention, St. Joseph, Missouri. (March 2000)