Professional Psychotherapy &
Sven Schild, PhD, TCC
To read about the latest research and developments in the field of psychology and psychiatry, please visit the following websites:
- American Psychologist is the official journal of the American Psychological Association. As such, the journal contains archival documents and articles covering current issues in psychology, the science and practice of psychology, and psychology's contribution to public policy.
- Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy publishes empirical research on the psychological effects of trauma. The journal is intended to be a forum for an interdisciplinary discussion on trauma, blending science, theory, practice, and policy.
- Child Abuse & Neglect The International Journal is an international, multidisciplinary forum on all aspects of child abuse and neglect, with special emphasis on prevention and treatment; the scope extends further to all those aspects of life which either favor or hinder child development.
- The International Journal of Stress Management (IJSM) focuses on the assessment, management, and treatment of stress and trauma, whether emotional, cognitive, behavioral, or physiological. Personal, occupational, organizational, and societal issues relevant to stress identification and management are also covered.
- Cultural Diversity & Ethnic Minority Psychology seeks to publish theoretical, conceptual, research, and case study articles that promote the development of knowledge and understanding, application of psychological principles, and scholarly analysis of social–political forces affecting racial and ethnic minorities.
- Psychology of Men & Masculinity is devoted to the dissemination of research, theory, and clinical scholarship that advances the psychology of men and masculinity. This discipline is defined broadly as the study of how boys' and men's psychology is influenced and shaped by both sex and gender, and encompasses both the study of biological sex differences and similarities as well as of the social construction of gender.
- Psychology and Aging publishes original articles on adult development and aging. Such original articles include reports of research that may be applied, biobehavioral, clinical, educational, experimental (laboratory, field, or naturalistic studies), methodological, or psychosocial.
- Psychology of Addictive Behaviors publishes peer-reviewed original articles related to the psychological aspects of addictive behaviors. The journal includes articles on alcohol and alcoholism, drug use and abuse, eating disorders, smoking and nicotine addiction, and other excessive behaviors (e.g., gambling).
- Professional Psychology: Research and Practice publishes articles on the application of psychology, including the scientific underpinnings of the profession of psychology.
- The Lancet is a weekly peer-reviewed general medical journal. It is one of the world's best known, oldest, and most respected general medical journals.
To read additional articles from other popular APA journals, please click here.