Professional Psychotherapy &
Sven Schild, PhD
Licensed Clinical Psychologist & Certified EMDR Clinician
TRAUMA RESEARCH INSTITUTE &
CONSTANCE DALENBERG, PHD
Constance Dalenberg, Ph.D.
Trauma Research Institute
4350 Executive Drive, Suite 255
San Diego, CA 92121
The Trauma Research Institute (TRI) in San Diego, CA, was founded by its director Dr. Constance Dalenberg. At the Institute, over 50 research studies have been designed and conducted on the consequences of trauma and dissociation.
Dr. Schild joined the Trauma Research Institute in 2003 as part of his doctoral training and, has since his graduation in 2007, maintained a close relationship with the institute and its director. Over the years, Dr. Dalenberg has not only been an incredible mentor, but also a very close friend to Dr. Schild.
Some interesting facts about Dr. Dalenberg:
- Founder and director of the Trauma Research Institute
- Distinguished professor of clinical psychology at Alliant International University in San Diego.
- Past president for the APA Division 56 (Trauma Psychology)
- Internationally recognized expert on trauma disclosure and trauma therapy.
- Published numerous clinical and forensic journal articles on trauma symptoms and trauma treatment
- Private practice centers on the treatment and forensic evaluation of survivors of trauma.
- Testified as an expert witness in over 50 trials
- In 2002, received the award for outstanding clinical contributions (in recognition of Countertransference and the Treatment of Trauma) awarded by the International Society for the Study of Dissociation
- In 2016, received the Award for Lifetime Achievement in the Field of Trauma Psychology awarded by the APA Division 56 Trauma Psychology.
- Served on the Board of the International Society of Traumatic Stress Studies, and on the editorial boards of the Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, & Policy, Journal of Traumatic Stress, Child Maltreatment, Journal of Trauma and Dissociation, Journal of Trauma Practice and Journal of Child Sexual Abuse.